Here I have used the same recipe of my carrot cake with very few variations. I made this ‘n ‘number of times. This has become our family favorite. When I prepared this last time, I thought to make it healthier by substituting Maida with Wheat flour and I converted it as muffins. I did not have any clue how the texture would be as the cake with wheat flour tend to become little dense. But to my surprise, it was as soft as the one with all purpose flour. More over it tastes more delicious. Over to the recipe…
1. Carrot grated -1 n 1/2 cup
2. Whole wheat flour or atta-1 cup
3. Egg-2 nos
4. Sugar-1 cup
5. Baking powder-1tsp
6. Salt-less than ¼ tsp
7. Refined oil-1/2cup
8. Vanilla essence-1 tsp
9. Cinnamon powder- 1tsp (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 150degree.
2. Line a muffin tray with paper liners or just grease the tray.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt together. Keep it aside.
4. Beat egg till frothy. Add sugar in and beat again. Add oil, grated carrot and vanilla essence. Give a gentle stir. Now add the combined flour mix. Fold in gently using a spatula or a spoon.
5. Fill only 3/4 th of each liner. Bake at 150 ◦ for 20 -25 minutes or till the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Transfer it into a cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
With this measurement I got around 9 medium sized muffins.