This is a simple delicious cake perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
Recipe source-Vanitha magazine
1. Carrot-3/4 cup
2. Maida-1/2 cup
4. Sugar-1/2 cup
5. Baking powder-1/2 tsp
6. Salt-a pinch
7. Refined oil-1/4cup
8. Vanilla essence-1/2tsp
Method of preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 150degree.
2. Prepare an 8” inch cake tin. For this, Line the bottom with a butter paper. Smear some oil or butter over the paper and along the sides of the tin. Sprinkle some flour over this. Invert the tin and tap the sides to remove the excess flour.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together. Keep it aside.
4. Beat egg till frothy. Add sugar in and beat again. Add oil, carrot and vanilla essence. Give a gentle stir. Now add the flour mixed with baking powder. Fold in gently using a spatula or a spoon.
5. Pour this into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Transfer it into a cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
Cut and serve….
Notes: Use any flavorless oil .Vanilla essence can be substituted with ½ tsp of cinnamon powder.