1. Maida(all purpose flour)-3 n 1/2 cups
5. Warm water-1/2 cup
6. Warm milk-120ml(more or less)
8. Sesame seeds –a few
Method of preparation
1. Dissolve sugar in warm water .add yeast in it. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until yeast turns frothy.
2. Mix flour, egg, butter and yeast solution. Add milk little by little and knead into smooth dough. Need continuously for at least 5 minutes. Dough shouldn’t be too stiff. Close the vessel and let it rest for 3 hours to rise.
3. After 3 hours, take the dough. Give a gentle knead again. Take 3 equal sized balls. Gently elongate all 3 balls. Keep it in a baking tray lined with greased butter paper.
4. Now gently bring the top of the elongated dough together and give a gentle press .now start braiding it just like you do with your hair.(see the pics below)
5. Keep this braided dough covered with a wet cloth for 1 more hour to let it rise again.
6. Beat one egg. Brush it over the bread. Sprinkle few sesame seeds.
7. Bake this in a preheated oven at 190◦ for 15 to 20 minutes or till the crust turns brown.
With this measurement 2 big and 1 small bread can be made….
after 3hours of resting
shaped like this
covered the braided bread with wet cloth
risen after 1 hr
brushed with beaten egg and sprinkled sesame seeds
see how soft it is !!