1. Beef-250gm,cleaned and cut into small pieces
3. Green chilly-2nos,cut into thin round pieces
8. Garam masala-1 ½ tsp
11. Ginger-1” inch piece
12. Meat masala-2tsp
13. Chilly powder-1tsp
14. Pepper powder-1tsp
15. Turmeric powder-3/4tsp
17. Coriander powder-1 ½ tsp
19. Cashew nuts-5nos(optional)
20. Grated coconut-1tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Cook beef by adding salt and 2 cups of water.
2. Soak kuskus and cashew in little water for 10 minutes. Then grind it along with coconut into fine paste.
3. Grind ingredients listed under Set -1(10-17) into smooth paste by adding 2tbsp of water.
4. Clean the palak leaves and dip in hot water for 3 or 4 minutes. Grind it without adding any water. This is the palak puree
5. Heat oil in pan sauté onion and green chilly. When onion turns soft add chopped tomatoes. Cook until it melts.
6. Add ground masala paste (set -1).Stir until raw smell disappears. Add cooked beef along with the gravy. When it boils add coconut- cashew paste(set-2). Now the curry will get thick. If requires add little more water.
7. Add palak puree into the prepared curry. Mix well. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Lastly add garam masala.Give a nice stir.
Serve this delicious kuruma with appam,chappathi or bread…
sending this to an event hosted by FOOD CORNER