Some foods remind us of some good memories and good peoples right? This chicken cutlets is that kind of one which is very much related to one lovely person Suja aunti,my ammas friend and colleague in Rubber board . Suja aunti had resigned the job long time back and went abroad to join with her husband. The last time I met her was around 25 years back, such a long time. Though I was too small to memorize things, I clearly remember her smiling face and the cutlets she used to pack for us via amma.She makes the best cutlets in the world. I believe it is her love she puts in makes her cutlets yummy. My amma is not good in keeping the contacts ,so we do not have any idea where suja aunti is now. But whenever we have cutlets me and amma used to have long talk about her. Regardless of distance and time, good peoples stay close to our heart forever.
cutlets are one of the most demanded bakery item in kerala.it is a family favorite.it is one snack that can be made easily and is able to please everyone. Do try and win applause J
1. Chicken -10 small boneless pieces
2. Potato- 3 medium,peeled and squared
3. Ginger- 1medium size piece,roughly chopped
4. Garlic-5 or 6 pods,chopped
5. Green chilly-3 or 4 nos,finely chopped
6. Onion-1 big,roghly chopped
7. Bread crumbs-1 n ½ cup or as required
8. Bread slices- 1 or 2 (optional)
9. Garam masala -1 tsp
10. Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
11. Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
13 Oil- for deep frying
14. Egg- 2 ,lightly beaten
Method of preparation
1. Cook chicken pieces by adding turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt.
2. Boil potatoes. Mash it and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in pan. Sauté onion, ginger garlic and green chilly till onion turns soft.no need to be browned.
4. Take cooked chicken, sautéed onion mix in a mixie jar. Grind all this. Just one or two pulse is enough. This is to mince the chicken and blend well with other ingredients.
5. Transfer chicken mix, mashed potatoes in mixing bowl. Add salt,garam masala and bread slices soaked in water. Mix well. the mix should not be too thick and too thin. You should be able to make balls out of this. Adding bread pieces makes the mix thick and prevent from breaking while frying.
6. Take lemon sized ball out of it and flatten slightly. Dip in beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs.
7. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When the oil is really hot, reduce the flame to medium and fry the cutlets for few minutes until both sides turn brown in color.
Serve hot with tomatosauce.