Though it is one of my favorite vegetable, I do not experiment with it. I always end up adding this along with other vegetable in Kuruma or pulav. Since I have been following vegetarian diet, I wanted to make something which resembles a non veg dish ;) .yea I am a hardcore Non vegetarian. To suppress my non vegetarian urge I made this and it did fulfill its work J. If you have all ingredients on hand, it can be made within minutes. It is an excellent starter or can be served as a snack.
1. Cauliflower – 1small,florets separated
2. Turmeric powder- a pinch
3. Onion-1 small,chopped
4. Garlic-5 pods,chopped
5. Green chilly-3 nos,cut diagonally
6. Curry leaves- a handful
7. Oil- for deep frying
For the batter
1. Maida -1/2 cup
2. Corn flour-1/4 cup
3. Rice flour-3tbsp
4. Garlic-4or 5
5. Ginger- 1 small piece
6. Chilly powder-1tsp
7. Salt-as needed
8. Water- as required to make thick batter
Method of preparation
1. Wash the florets thoroughly. Cook it by adding plenty of water, little turmeric powder and salt.it should not be over cooked. Drain it in a strainer .
2. Grind together garlic and ginger. (a tsp od ginger garlic paste can be used) Make thick batter with the ingredients mentioned under for the batter. Put all the florets into this and mix well in order to coat it well with the batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. When the oil is really hot, fry the florets till brown.
4. In the same oil fry onions, garlic,green chilly and curry leaves till onions turns slightly brown .put it over the fried gobi .Give a gentle mix. Serve hot as a starter or as a snack.