I know very well that no one would say no to chicken fry. But to be honest, they are not my favorite :). But once I tried this low fat version I totally fell in love with chicken fry. This recipe uses very less oil and but taste as good or even better than that of normal deep fried one. Here the chicken is juicy inside and crispy outside, exactly the same way we love our chicken to be.
1. Chicken- 2 drumsticks and 5 boneless medium sized pieces
2. Ginger-1 big piece
3. Garlic-8 pods
4. Chilly powder-3/4tsp
5. Cumin powder-1/4tsp
6. Coriander powder-1tsp,heaped
7. Garam masala powder-3/4tsp
11. Oil-2tbsp(preferably coconut oil)
12. Curry leaves-a few
Method of preparation
1. Wash and clean chicken pieces. Make few slits on the pieces.
2. Grind ingredients 2-9 in to smooth paste. Marinate chicken pieces in this. Keep it marinated for at least 30 minutes. The more the resting time the tastier it will be.
3. Cook chicken pieces in a cooker by adding ½ cup of water till 1 whistle. Let the pressure comes down by itself.
4. Take a frying pan. Add the chicken stock (keep the pieces aside).Heat it in high flame until dries up .when the liquid forms like a thick paste reduce the flame and add the kept aside chicken pieces in. Mix well .Add the oil and curry leaves and cook in medium flame for few minutes until outer portion of the chicken pieces turned dark and crispy. When one side is cooked, Flip it and cook other side too. It will not take much time since the meat is already cooked.
Serve it as a starter or side dish. It goes well with rice or rotis