Garlic bread is everyone’s favorite. It is such a comfort food that I love to have it anytime. Many restaurants serve this as a starter.I feel the one from Domino's or Pizza hut tastes best. This is my humble attempt to recreate Domino's style garlic bread. Luckily it came out pretty well.
It is easy to make and the aroma of homemade bread is heavenly. Do try. Everyone would love this…
For the bread dough
1. Maida-2 n ½ cups
2. Yeast-2 n ½ tsp
3. Sugar -tbsp
5. Luke warm water-1/4 cup + required to knead the dough(I didn’t measure it)
With this measurement 4 medium sized garlic breads can be made. Below mention the filling for per bread.
1. Butter-1tbsp or more
2. Garlic-3 or 4 pods
3. Cheese grated-1 or 2 tbsp
4. Salt-a pinch
5. Oregano- 1/2tsp
Method of preparation
1. Mix yeast, lukewarm water and sugar. Keep it aside for 15 minutes for proofing.
2. Mix flour, salt and oil in another bowl. Add proofed yeast into this and give a nice mix. Now add lukewarm water little by little and knead into smooth dough. It should be kneaded for minimum of 8 minutes.( the dough consistency is to be like chappathi dough).Keep the bowl closed for 2-3 hours .
3. Once the dough doubles in size, Punch it to release the air. Transfer it onto a floured work space. Take a big ball out of it and flatten into thick bread (almost 0.5 cm thickness) using rolling pin.
4. Heat a pan. Melt butter ,add crushed garlic pods and salt into this. Give a stir. Switch off the flame. Let it cool a bit. Smear this garlic butter mixture over the flattened dough. Spread grated cheese over and fold.Slighlty press to seal the edges.
5. Transfer this on to greased baking tray. Now cut the folded dough into strips. While making each cut dip the knife in cold water so that the dough will not stick to it
6. Smear the remaining garlic butter mixture over the top. Sprinkle oregano. Keep it aside for 15 minutes for second rise. By this time preheat the oven at 250◦ for 10 -15 minutes.
7. After the preheating reduce the temperature to 200◦and bake the bread for 15 minutes or until it cooks through. Mine took 15 minutes and I kept it 3 more minutes with only the upper heater on to get the top portion brown color.
8. Once it has cooked take out from the oven, apply some more butter and serve hot..