This is My first post of this year. Let it be a sweet beginning with a super easy recipe.
What comes into your mind when you think about a cake recipe? Flour sugar and butter..Right? Can you imagine a cake without using a drop of butter or oil??? Yes it is!! This is such a magic cake without even a trace of butter or oil.
I saw this recipe while in search for an eggless cake. I never ever imagined a cake can be made without using a drop of fat. So I was quite skeptical about the outcome. I kept my eye whole through the process of baking and to my surprise this cake rose up very well and turned very soft . Whenever I feel like to have a cake I make this. This is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
Recipe is adapted from here
3. Baking powder-3/4tsp
4. Baking soda-less than 1/2tsp
5. Curd-1/2cup( I used low fat curd)
6. Milk-1tblsp (more or less)
7. Vanilla essence-1tsp
Method of preparation
1. Prepare an 8” inch cake tin. Preheat oven at 180◦ for 10 minutes.
2. Beat curd. Add baking powder and baking soda. Beat well. Add sugar in, beat until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla essence. Add Flour in two batches and mix well without any lumps. If the batter is too thick add milk. Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 ◦ for 30 min or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.