Mushrooms are everyone’s favorite. It is a high source of protein and fibers. Moreover it is a flexible veg than can be used for creating an array of gravy as well as dry dishes. Mushroom ularthu is an easy Kerala style stir fry. It goes well with steamed rice and chappathi…
1. Mushroom-200gm,roughly chopped
2. Onion-1 medium,chopped
3. Garlic-2pods,cruhed or chopped
4. Chilly powder-1/2tsp
5. Turmeric powder-less than 1/4tsp
6. Pepper powder-1/2tsp
7. Garam masala-1/4tsp
8. Mustard seeds-less than 1/4tsp
9. Curry leaves-a few
10. Coconut bits(thenga kothu)-2tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Wash mushrooms thoroughly and chop .Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds .add curry leaves and coconut bits. When coconut turns lightly brown add chopped onions and garlic. Stir for few minutes.
2. Add in all powders and salt stir for few minutes. Now add mushrooms.mix well. Keep it closed for few minutes.
3. Once you open the pan, there will be lot of water ooze out from the mushrooms. Let it dry by keeping the pan in high flame. Stir in between .check for salt. When it becomes completely dry ,switch off the flame.
Serve hot with rice or chappathi..