1. fish-1/2kg,cleaned and cut into medium sized pieces
2. dry red chilly-20 nos
3. coriander seeds-3 ½ tbsp
4. pearl onion-10 nos,cut length wise
5. garlic-4pods,cut length wise
6. green chilly-1 no,slitted
7. tomato-1 medium sized, chopped
8. oil-2big spoonful
9. curry leaves -2sprigs
10. tamarind-lemon sized ball
12. water-1 ½ cup`
Method of preparation
1. Soak tamarind in ¼ cup of water and some salt for 10 minutes. Squeeze out to extract the juice.
2. Heat a pan. Add dry red chilly and coriander seeds. Dry roast (without adding any oil) it for 5 minutes .Stir it continuously as it tends to burn easily. Let it cool. Grind this into smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Add curry leaves, garlic, pearl onions and tomatoes sauté for 5minute.
4. Mix the ground paste with tamarind extract. Add this into the oil. Stir well. Add water and salt. When it boils, add fish and green chilly. Keep the lid on. Cook for 10 minutes until the gravy thickens.
Enjoy with steamed rice…
Sending this to an event hosted by FOOD CORNER