1. Bread-5 slices
2. Milk-1 glass
4. Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
For caramel syrup
Method of preparation
1. Tear the bread into pieces. Add milk. Let the bread soak for 5minutes.
2. Add sugar, vanilla essence and milk to the soaked bread. Mash well either with the help of mixer grinder or simply crushing with a ladle.
3. For caramel syrup –heat a pan. When the pan is really hot, reduce the flame. Add the sugar. When it completely melts and turned brown, add water. Stir it continuously until the melted sugar combines with the water and turns medium thick brown syrup.
4. Add this syrup into a dish in which the pudding has to be cooked. Gently rotate the vessel in order to cover the sugar syrup all over the sides .
5. Transfer bread mixture to it. Cover with a aluminum foil. Make small holes over the foil with the help of a fork to let the steam escapes while cooking. Keep this in a steamer or idli cooker and cook for 25 minutes.
6. Let it cooled down completely. Transfer it into a refrigerator .When it is cool enough to be served, invert the pudding on to a serving plate and cut into desired shape and serve.