Sura puttu is a Tamil nadu cuisine.Sura means shark.Sura puttu is a ‘thoran’ kind of dish made with shark.It is truly delicious and it goes well with rice.
1. Shark fish -250gm,cleaned and cut into medium cubes
2. Onion-2nos ,chopped
3. Green chilly-4 or 5 ,cut into round pieces
6. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp + ½ tsp
7. Chilly powder-3/4 tsp
8. Pepper powder-1 tsp
10. Cinnamon stick-1no
13. Water1/2 cup
14. Grated coconut-one handful (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Cook fish pieces by adding ½ cup water,1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt. When it is cooked( if any water remains, dry it up completely by keeping in flame for some more time) break it into small pieces using a spoon or by hand. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves and cinnamon, stir for a minute. Add chopped ginger garlic and green chilly stir for 2minute.add chopped onion and salt(do not add more salt because it is already added while cooking the fish),cook until it turns soft.
3. Add the crumbled fish pieces, all powders and coconut.mix well. Cook in low flame for 5minutes by keeping the pan closed. Serve warm..