1. Milk-1/2 litre
2. Fresh cream-1 cup
3. Corn flour-3tsp
4. Sugar-8 tbsp
5. Vanilla beans-2nos /vanilla essence-1tsp
Method of preparation
1. Mix corn flour in ¼ cup of milk. Keep it aside.
2. Mix the remaining milk, vanilla and sugar, boil this in a saucepan. Reduce the flame, add the corn flour. Stir continuously until the milk reaches a thick consistency -see the picture below. (it will take around 10-15 min)when it reaches required thickness switch off the flame, let it cool down.
3. Beat the cream well. Add this into the cooled milk.mix well.
4. Keep this in a freezer for 2 or 3 hours. When it is partially set, take it out. Blend in a blender. Keep it back in the freezer and let it set completely.
5. Scoop it on a serving bowl and serve.
NOTES: If you are using vanilla beans, then split the beans length wise using a knife, scrape out the oily seeds from inside and add this in to the boiling milk. You can adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste. If the milk is not getting thicker even after long time, one more small spoon of corn flour can be added.