Since my camera is out of order i thought to take a break from blogging till I get it repaired. But when I see my blog without any new post,I realized that it has become a part of my life and I cannot stay away from blogging for so long .So I decided to restart my activity with the pictures taken with my phone. Sorry for the poor clarity pictures..
Lacha paratha is a flaky paratha made with wheat. Unlike our flaky kerala porotta,this one is easy to make and layers can come out easily without the laborious ‘veeshal’(the process of stretching the dough).
1. Wheat flour-2cups
3. Warm water for kneading the dough
Method of preparation
1. Mix flour and salt. Knead into smooth dough using warm water. Keep it aside for 20-30minutes.
2. Make lemon sized ball out of it. Roll it into thin parathas. Smear some oil and spread evenly with hands or by brush. Spread some dry flour over it. Fold it up and down(in the manner of saree fleet)when it is fully folded stretch it gently from both sides. Give a gentle twist. Curl it into round shape. Apply little more oil over this. Gently roll it into chappathis by dusting some flour.(see the pictorial below)
3. Heat a tawa,cook in medium heat by drizzling little oil in between. Cook until small brown spots appear on both sides.
4. When it is done, gently crush with your hands for separating the layers.