This is one of traditional curry in sadya .This is simple and quite easy one which can be done within 15 minutes.
2. Green chilly-6nos
3. Grated coconut-2cup
4. Cumin seeds/powder-less than ¼ tsp
6. Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
7. Pearl onions-4 nos
11. Mustards seeds-1/4tsp
12. Dry red chilly-2nos
13. Pearl onions-thinly sliced,1tbsp
14. Curry leaves
15. Grated coconut-3tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Peel off and clean the pumpkin, cut into medium sized cubes.
2. Grind the ingredients 3 -7 into a coarse mixture by adding 4tbsp of water.
3. In a pressure cooker add pumpkin pieces, coconut mix, green chilly,2cup of water,salt.cook up to 2 whistles.
4. When it is done mash well using a wooden spoon.
5. For seasoning-heat oil in a pan ,splutter mustard seeds, when it crackles add curry leaves ,red chilly, round slices of pearl onions.fry till onion turns brown. Remove this from pan. In the same pan add the grated coconut, stir till coconut turns light brown. Add all this into the curry. Serve with rice
Notes: Erisserry tastes best with reddish yellow pumpkin.