1. Green peas- 2cups
2. Onion-2 nos,thinly sliced
3. Ginger –chopped,1 ½ tbsp
4. Garlic-chopped,1 ½ chopped
5. Green chilly-4 nos,chopped
6. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
7. Chilly powder-1tsp
8. Coriander powder-3tsp
9. Garam masala -1stp
10. Tomato- 1 big,chopped
11. Coriander leaves- a handful chopped
12. Curd-1 or 2 tbsp(well beaten)
Method of preparation
1. Cook green peas with some water ,turmeric powder and salt.
2. Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan, add onion and little salt, when it become soft add ginger ,garlic and green chilly sauté until onion turns slightly brown.
3. Add in all powders stir for a while. Add tomato cook until it completely melts. Add chopped coriander leaves.mix well. Grind this masala into a smooth paste without adding any water.
4. Transfer this in to the same pan, stir for a while. Add cooked green peas along with the stock.add some more water if needed. Let it boil .cover and cook till the gravy thickens.
5. Switch off the flame. Add the curd.mix well. Let it rest for some time. This goes well with with chappathi,puttu, appam,idiyappam etc.
NOTES : if you are using dried peas,soak it overnight. If you like your curry to be even more richer, add 1 tbsp of cashew paste along with the masala .but this curry is delicious even without coconut or cashew paste :)