1. Aval /beaten rice-1 ½ cup
2. Onion- 1no chopped
3. Green chilly- 2 or 3cut into thin round slices
4. Ground nuts-a handful
6. Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
7. Dry red chilly-2 nos
8. Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
9. Asafoetida-a pinch
10. Coriander leaves- a handful chopped
11. Tomato-1 no ,deseeded and chopped
12. Grated coconut-4tbsp
13. Lime juice /tamarind juice-1tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Wash aval ,drain the water. Let it rest for 5 min.
2. Heat oil in a pan.splutter mustard seeds, add dry red chilly and ground nuts. Stir until the peanuts get roasted.
3. Add chopped onions , green chilly and salt sauté until onion turns soft.
4. Add turmeric powder and asafoetida stir for 2 min.
5. Add soaked aval.mix well.
6. Sprinkle lime juice or tamarind juice. Add chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut and tomato. Give a nice stir. Switch off the flame, serve hot.
Notes: I used thick flakes. If you are using thin flakes of aval then do not wash just sprinkle some water in order to make it drench.
.for tamarind juice, soak a small ball of tamarind in ¼ cup of water. Squeeze to take the juice.