Lets celebrate this last day of onam with this simple yet delicious payasam…..
1. Roasted semiya-1 ½ cup
2. Dates- 12 nos( deseeded)
3. Milk-1 ½ litre
4. Sugar-15 tbsp
Method of preparation
1. Soak dates in ¾ cup of milk for 30 min.then grind this into a smooth paste
2. Peel off cardamom ,take out seeds grind with 2 tbsp of sugar to a fine powder.keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed vessel.add vermicelli stir for a minute.add half of milk let it boil,reduce the flame and cook until semiya becomes soft.
4. When the semiya get cooked add sugar mix well.stir for 10 min.
5. Add remaining milk,dates paste.mix well.let it boil.
6. Switch off the flame.add cardamom powder.give a stir.
7. In another pan heat 2 tbsp of ghee,fry chopped dates and kismis .add this into the payasam ..serve hot..